Host/Hostess – Dominion Bar + Kitchen
Surrey – Casual / Per Diem
Dominion Bar + Kitchen will be opening its doors in early 2018. Located at the heart of it all with an amazing view of the Civic Plaza and an urban vibe like no other. Led by Executive Chef Brad Green, our unique and innovative menu is centred around New Canadian entrees, appetizers and classic favourites. With a focus on locally sourced ingredients and an exciting list of signature cocktails, amazing BC wines, and locally crafted beer.
We are currently seeking energetic, charismatic and confident individuals to join our Host-Hostess team!
- Presents him/herself professionally, e.g. clean clothes, well groomed.
- Ensures guests are greeted warmly and promptly on arrival, thanks departing guests.
- Seats guests as comfortably and as soon as possible.
- Promotes specials with enthusiasm and confidence.
- Maximizes seating capacity and efficiency.
- Busses tables and assists servers.
- Professionally handles phone calls, including take out if applicable.
- Where required, follows approved cash handling procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards in reception and other areas, keeps lobby area guest ready.
- As needed, other duties designated by the management team.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by GM & Assistant GM.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Level 1 Foodsafe
- Serving it Right
- Previous experience in high volume restaurant will be considered an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well groomed, smiles readily, good eye contact, friendly and polite, creates a great first impression.
- Able to communicate well with wide variety of people, adapts tone, builds rapport.
- Outgoing and confident, comfortable promoting items and services.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, works productively with others.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Strong customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
Dominion Bar + Kitchen offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!