Sous Chef – Dominion Bar+Kitchen
Dominion Bar + Kitchen, Surrey
Casual / Per Diem
Dominion Bar + Kitchen will be opening its doors in early 2018. Located at the heart of it all with an amazing view of the Civic Plaza and an urban vibe like no other. Led by Executive Chef Brad Green, our unique and innovative menu is centred around New Canadian entrees, appetizers and classic favourites. With a focus on locally sourced ingredients and an exciting list of signature cocktails, amazing BC wines, and locally crafted beer.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative and detail oriented Sous Chef who has a passion for quality food and the Guest experience. Successful candidates must have experience as a Sous Chef in a high-volume restaurant and must possess strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal communication and problem solving skills. An ideal candidate is career oriented in the hospitality industry and seeks to further their career in hospitality as a Chef.
The Sous Chef position is designed to give the Chef support. The Sous Chef is a member of the management team responsible for food, labour and kitchen related costs. This position plays a key role in development and attention to Health and Safety practices. Additionally, our Sous Chef will assist in the management of the brand systems, standards, processes and compliance. We are looking for someone who can coordinate kitchen operations to ensure quality execution at all times and create a positive guest experience and a positive work environment for our staff.
- Run the kitchen, role model standards, and operating practices
- Coaches staff on a daily basis
- Drive systems and standards of kitchen operations by role modelling and spot-checking
- Accurately orders and maintains inventory on all food products and monitors daily prep production
- Has knowledge and skill to train all kitchen positions, systems, and use of equipment
- Ensures high level of cleanliness by supervising kitchen cleaning schedules
- Performance management of staff including discipline
- Staff scheduling
- Supports ongoing development of all Kitchen staff
- Manages daily labour costs in the kitchen
- Available to work flexible hours
- Ensures food preparation and service standards are consistently achieved and maintained
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained at all times
- Ensures adherence to food safety regulations, hygiene and cleanliness
- Supports communication in areas of food variance opportunity to staff and management
- Supports achievement of budgets in area of the kitchen: food cost, labour, fixed
- Actively involved in new kitchen staff training
- Ability to learn and teach
Education & Experience
- Level 1 Culinary or Red Seal
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- Self-motivated & able to multi-task in a hands-on, visible leadership role.
- Experience with purchasing
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written
- Excellent planning and analytical skills
Dominion Bar + Kitchen offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!